Thursday, July 19, 2012

DESTINY - It's a well used word. Most people sense they have some kind of destiny - but personally I didn't understand exactly how I was to reach mine. I was thinking about destiny one day and the Lord spoke these three words to my heart -"Destiny is today." My thinking about destiny went something like this: If I continue to grow with the Lord and allow Him to direct my life - by the time I finish my life I may reach my destiny. But God said something much different to me that day. He was saying I live my destiny in the "present." He has a plan for today and if I am walking in the Spirit today (walking with my heart opened to Him and connected with Him),then I am living my destiny today! It's simple but powerful - "destiny is today!" So be encouraged - your life has great meaning. Yes, God has purpose for everyone He has created. Meditate on the following words from Psalm 139:13-18a: "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous — how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!" Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment